2001 - 2017
- Freelance Software Localizer and Proof-reader for final
clients such as Microsoft, IBM, Sybase, Nissan, Toyota, Lexus, Suzuki,
Porsche, Minolta, Ericsson, Sony, Motorola, Nokia, Pioneer, Panasonic,
Nikon, JVC, Ricoh, Sony, Siemens, Alcatel, Kenwood, Hewlett-Packard, Nero,
Ulead, Symantec, RealNetworks, Paragon Software, SHS and ABB.
Product Verification Tests at IBM, Barcelona, Spain.
- Microsoft projects included Visual FoxPro, Office
XP, bCentral, SharePoint, Application Center Test, Visual Studio,
Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Office, MSN.
- Product Verification Tests (Quality Assurance and
Linguistic Review) at IBM, Barcelona, Spain.
Software Localizer and Language Specialist at Logoscript, SL,
My tasks included:
- Translation and linguistic review of user interfaces, online
help and documentation for final clients such as Microsoft, Trados,
Experience in localization of Microsoft products: Exchange,
SQL Server 8.0, MOD, Windows CE, WMP7.
- Expertise in style guides and terminology of IBM, Intel and
- Coordinator for the TQPro Project (Translation Quality for Professionals)
at Logoscript in cooperation with SAP, Lotus, Sail-Labs, CAT and
CST. TQPro is a research project in the area of Human Language
Technology founded by the European Commission.
1997 - 2000
Software Localizer and Language Lead at Management System Solutions,
SL (MSS), Barcelona, Spain.
My tasks included:
- Translation of Graphic User Interfaces, printed/online documentation,
help files, Web pages, marketing materials and graphics.
- Editing of translations performed by freelance/In-house translators,
technical and linguistic quality assurance.
- Performed 2 Product Verification Tests at IBM, Raleigh, North
Carolina, USA (June-July 1998 and March–April 1998).
Worked in projects for final clients such as IBM, Intel, Hyperion,
SAP, OLC Companion, Avid Technologies, Saleslogix and Unisys.
- Freelance technical translations.
- Translator and Proof-reader at the magazine Catalunya IURIS.
[Top of page]